Today's awesome scores from Goodwill:
1 set of some sort of kid's spy glasses looking thing. (Not the Spy Gear stuff) $3. Going to cut off the portion that flips down over the glasses to use for my steampunk scientist's head set. Or my steampunk mando's. Not sure which yet.
1 pair of elbow length black leather gloves, wool lined, with the label "Aris of Paris". $2 I'm thinking my twi'lek would be able to use these. Plus, I think elbow length gloves are on the list of things every girl should have, along with stiletto boots. lol
1 NERF Longshot for Jonah. $3 It's missing the front extension, but otherwise seems in decent enough condition. As the Longshot was discontinued to make room for the Longstrike (which I want dammit. . it has an awesome barrel), the $3 price is a seriously good deal.
1 brown leather pouch. $1. Probably going to use for my twi'lek's Jedi outfit.
So, despite losing my lace for the steampunk mando's choker yesterday while I was out trying to color match it with things, at least today's haul made up for it. On to armor updates then.
- I gave up trying to find some usable leather at a price I could afford, and my mom was nice enough to buy me a yard of marine vinyl to finish the capelet. I will seriously be remaking it as soon as I have the money, but it works for now.
- The fabric for my wraps needs to be redone (they somehow came out too short to fasten), but all the armor plates for the wraps are finished. Just a matter of me feeling like taking the time to sit down and cut/align/glue the strips of fabric for some new wraps.
- Also went back to my old vest due to issues I do not have the time or money to solve with the new vest. Have to rearrange some bits of velcro and had to rework some of the plates for the bits of velcro that I couldn't move.
- All of the armor is at the very least base painted with the black. Most of the plates that are red are finished except some of the arm wrap plates as I have to do a bit of touch up work on those. Hopefully next time Jonah comes down I'll be able to airbrush on all the purple.
- Helmet is going to be awesome. Still up with Jonah but will be back in my possession next time he comes down. May have somebody who can send me a smoked visor for just cost of shipping; if so then I'm set for a new visor as well. . .if not, I'm having a hell of a time finding some smoked plexiglass, so I'll probably just put the green one in as a temp. solution.
- Weapons: blades for vibroblades are painted, just need to make the hilts. Have decided to convert the NERF Raider (using plenty of mods) into a sniper rifle. Managed to score a bipod for $5 on ebay, so waiting on that and some stuff to extend the barrel then I'll get modding.
Got the lace for the overskirt/bustle that will be in the back over the kama. Also got some glass pearls to put on the choker, but, as I said earlier, I lost the lace for that. >_< Backplate has the first coat of paint on it; can't start anything else until I know what's going to have the pink vine work as I want to put that coat down first on those plates. Jonah's making the bes'bev (war flute), so I'm just trying to figure out if there was anything else I wanted for this kit.
9 glass vials with corks at Goodwill for $3. Still need to fashion a belt to carry them and also have to rig a couple of them with lighting systems with black light LEDs to make them glow. Have some sources for some welding aprons, still need to figure out the rest of my clothes for that outfit.